1. Where is your office located? We are located in Bayside, Queens, NY.
2. Is there parking? There is plenty of street parking. You can park next to the park - our offices look out onto it.
3. How long is a session? A regular therapy session, depending on the service being performed, can run from 40 minutes to 53 minutes.
4. How do I set up an appointment? You can contact us by telephone at (718) 225-5505.
5. What age range do you work with? We work with people of all ages.
6. Do I have to do homework? Many of the therapies we utilize involve work for you to do after you leave. Remember, we only see you for a small amount of time each week - much of the work done in therapy occurs outside of the session room based upon what happened inside.
7. I suffer from chronic pains in my back. I have been to physicians, physical therapists, surgeons, holistic healers and have taken all sorts of medications and pain relievers. None of it has worked. How is talk therapy going to help? Lots of people suffering with chronic pains have come to us as the “Doc of Last Resort.” We have been very successful in helping those suffering with chronic pains. Dr. Meyers’ published treatment protocol has proven to be very effective in dealing with the pain experience.
8. Why don’t you accept insurance? Believe it or not, not taking insurance gets you better treatment. No kidding!! Not having to spend time with insurance company paperwork, arguing over coverage and spending hours on the telephone waiting for a human to respond allows us more time and energy to give to you, our clients.
Most importantly, with a cash-based practice, together we get to decide on your treatment (frequency and length of sessions, treatment modality, how long treatment should last, etc.) – NOT the insurance company.
Your insurance company doesn’t know you. They don’t want to know you. They just want to collect your premium and give you back the least amount of service. They insist on a rigid diagnosis schedule that may not include what you suffer with. This is a problem because they may not include the services you need (for example, most insurance companies will not cover marital therapy). The treatment plan that we develop will be tailored to your specific needs and goals.
Additionally, it may not be in your best interest for your insurance company to know your treatment or diagnosis. When you pay out-of-pocket for services, you can maintain your privacy.
9. Can I be reimbursed from my health insurance company? Before your first session you should contact your insurance company. On the back of your insurance card should be a Customer Service number. Call them and ask if you have “Out-of-Network” benefits. If you do, find out how much they will reimburse you. After each month we will provide you with a bill to turn into your insurance company for reimbursement.
10. How do I know this will work? There are many factors involved in making a successful therapy experience. While there are no guarantees, we can assure you that we will do all that is professionally possible to make your experience a good one.